Ten Halloween Spooky Safety Tips for Kids
Posted: October 20, 2019
Halloween Tips to Keep You Safe
Halloween decorations and costumes have hit the stores, and pumpkin spice is in the air! This is a favorite time of year for many kids as they plan their costumes, and discuss the best candy routes around the neighborhood. But parents, be sure take a few minutes to discuss Halloween safety with your kids.
Here are ten great tips to help keep your children safe while Trick-or-Treating!
- Never trick-or-treat alone - it's always more fun (and safer) with friends!
- Always carry a flashlight or glowsticks.
- Only approach homes with the porch light on.
- Always have mom or dad check your candy before you eat it.
- If wearing a mask, make sure you can see as you head out.
- Stay on the sidewalks, do not cut across yards or driveways.
- Do not approach strangers in cars.
- Wear a light colored costume, or add strips of reflective tape. You'll still look super scary, and be easier to see!
- Remember, 911 can be called free from any phone.
- Always look twice before crossing the street.
Have a great time Trick-or-Treating - and remember, let's be careful out there!